Sunday, May 18, 2014

Meet Jacob, the dresser

Meet Jacob.


Jacob was in very nice condition (minus the drawer that I couldn't find at the time and me being too lazy to attach the mirror), but fairly boring, and I was not in a boring mood.


Now Jacob holds his head up high and is loving his new duds.  He now gets second looks when he walks into the library trustees meeting.


I loved the finish on the drawers, so all I did was clean them up and add some wood conditioner.


The base received my own custom color of chalk paint, topped with a heavy coat of glaze.  I sealed the top with layers of polyacrylic and base with wax.


The hardware was very nice, and only needed a coat of paint using this method.


Jacob will have no problem charming the ladies at the weekly tea party.


Have a sunny day,
Debbie


6 comments:

  1. Your backyard is SO PRETTY! Lovely backdrop to a great dresser redo! Pinning to the Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday board. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so pretty. Great job. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Thank you for sharing this pretty makeover at my party today.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have this, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking your yard is very nice, lots if hard work when I scrolled down to see your first comment was about your yard.
    Now the featured attraction, love the look you gave Jacob, what a handsome fella. Your treatment on him is very nice, love color and wood look. The hardware looks pretty snazzy also. Happy weekend. Hope it's not rainy where you are.

    ReplyDelete